Sunday, December 15, 2019

Sometimes I think there is confusion over Who God is and what prayer is. God is the Creator of the universe, the One in charge. God is not a Genie in a bottle, a fairy-godfather or mother, a wish granter or magician. God is God and there is no other.
So, when I pray, I am communicating with the Creator of the universe. I share my trials and joys with Him. He already knows them, but I share because I have relationship with Him and that's what you do in a relationship.
And, when I pray, yes I ask for things. Things like healing for self or others, safety, protection, hope, joy from sorrow, maybe even no sorrow, abundant life for self and everyone . . . etc. And when I ask, just as my children always knew, I may get one of three answers; yes, no, or wait. Because I trust God, because God is God, I will accept the answer, even if it is not the one I sought, even if it seems like it must be the wrong answer.
Faith, my faith, means accepting God's answers, no matter what, and knowing without a doubt that God, the Father, has nothing but abundant life in mind for me. And, while there are times-and there were several of them this year-that my trust trembles, my faith never falters. It's easier to trust and believe through my trials than to think some obscure universal nothing is in charge.
And, when I pray it is with total reliance upon the One who authored all of life, including mine.In Proverbs 3:5-6 He tells me to trust Him, lean not on my own understanding, and he will make my paths straight. The order is important. Trust comes first, because I am not going to understand everything and there will be things in my life that make my path go off course.
So, I choose to trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment